What Was Your Favorite Guest Column of 2013?
By Torleif Sorenson on 12/18/13
One of the most important things about oobgolf.com is you — our "oobers," as we like to call our members and frequent visitors. To that end, we would like very much for you to think about the various guest columns we have published this year and tell us which one was your favorite.

And if, for some reason, you have not yet become an oobgolf.com member, by all means — jump on-board! Basic memberships are free, but the Addict accounts offer some extra goodies.

OK, oobers, who wrote the best guest piece of 2013?

[ comments ]
jasonfish11 says:
Best single piece my vote is for How I spend my Summer Vacation.

www.oobgolf.com/content/columns/guest/1-7059-How

Most consistant is a toss up from Legitimatebeef and Joe Jones. This has to do with how well both of them write. Their articles are very well written.
12/18/13

Anything written by someone other than that dickh--d "bkuehn1952".
12/18/13

Torleif Sorenson says:
(rim-shot)
12/18/13

joe jones says:
My vote goes to Beef. He has a sharp edge that exposes his knowledge of the game. Always enjoyable.
12/18/13

Wow, my comments and forum posts were somehow enough to get Jason and Joe thinking that I actually did columns. (disclosure: I didn't.) Thanks anyways guys.

I second the vote for "Brian K" and his pilgrimage to Mecca.
12/18/13

Best oobgolf "spin off" blog site:

1st place: www.legitimategolf.com
2nd place: www.learnergolfer.wordpress.com

Really, give these both a look. I especially like the extremely intelligent comments posted by some of golf's most erudite readers.
12/18/13

jfurr says:
well for the quantity and quality gotta go with Joe, but for the single favorite going to pick out the box and go with The stuff of Legends fro Tim Horan. Technically it was late Dec 2012, but published after last years selections ended so I say it counts.

www.oobgolf.com/content/columns/guest/1-6449-The_Stuff_of_Legends_not_even_remotely_funny.html
12/18/13

mantajim says:
I'm not sure if the Wedge Guy (Terry Koehler) is considered a guest column writer, but his articles are the best. I always look to see if he's posted something new.
Thanks Terry and Merry Christmas to all.
12/20/13