25% Of You Are WHIPPED!
By Kickntrue on 10/16/09
Golf Magazine just did a massive survey and the results have been posted online (and in the mag). According to the survey 25% of you said you'd skip a round at Augusta for your anniversary or kid's birthday. WH-TSH!

Look- the question was even worded the other way, as in, would you possibly skip a big life event? Oh you bad person! Are you kidding me- 99% of the people answering that they'd stay for their anniversary must have been taking the survey with their wife looking over their shoulder. All I can figure for the other 1% is that they are either members at Augusta, have played there before or are married to Jessica Biel (and I'm pretty sure she's single).

Going to dinner with your wife over playing at Augusta National is simply unacceptable. As far as a kid's birthday... dude- trick them into thinking it's a week later- kid's aren't too bright. If they're old enough to know the calendar, they're old enough to be bought off- slip them a $100 and call it even.

Golf.com Big Survey


photo source


[ comments ]
Clint24 says:
Augusta all the way. WAR EAGLE
10/16/09
 
Kickntrue says:
@Clint24- What is your favorite laundry detergent? I usually ROLL with TIDE.
10/16/09
 
cheymike says:
*chuckles* I guarantee you the real number is a lot higher... some just won't admit it in front of "the guys".
10/16/09
 
activesense says:
Sorry Oobers, but family first every time. Unless it's a 2nd cousin's online-university graduation party, or something equally earth shattering.
10/16/09
 
PingRhoda says:
family first for me. Unless of course the wife wanted to go there for the Anniversary
10/16/09
 
Clint24 says:
Kickntrue, I thought you were Penn State?? What do you care?? Dont go to the dark side, please!!! Have you been to T-town? Or around Bama fans down here? You will never be the same! WAR EAGLE
10/16/09
 
Beekeeper45 says:
Interesting Survey!! Slow Players...HHHMMMM.
10/17/09
 
mjaber says:
Just discussed this with my wife. She'd be happy to take a trip to Georgia for our anniversary. She loves Georgia. She'd probably head to the spa while I was playing my round. :)
10/17/09
 
Pappybro says:
Sorry. Missed anniversaries, birthdays, and a graduation because of deployments. Augusta kinda takes a back seat to all of them.
10/17/09
 
Backquak says:
family will understand, its Augusta, if they don't, they'll eventually get over it... or maybe not... which would free up more time for golf, ha, a win, win, win, I really can't see a downside here. Augusta here I come, get ready to be abused, cause I'll keep the rough chopped, the trees dented and the alligators fed. (they like titleists, right?)
10/19/09
 
Backquak says:
Oh and that whip looks way strange. Is that from your personal collection? WH-TSH
10/19/09
 
Kickntrue says:
@backquak- my personal whip is black, thank you very much.
10/19/09
 
skirchner says:
I must be one of the lucky ones. I was able to be in Florida playing TPC Sawgrass on my aniversary a couple of years ago. SO I am sure she would let me slide on just about anything to play at Augusta National. Thank you honey:-)!!!!
10/19/09
 
Banker85 says:
If your wife doesnt understand the meaning of playing at augusta for anyone who loves golf like us oober's then maybe you should find someone else! I could see playing at your local public dump or something but augusta! She loves me too much to not let me go!
10/19/09
 
Mookie says:
Say, nothing about War Eagles since Saturday's loss to Kentucky, huh?

And yes, Roll Tide.

Oh, and where can I get one of those whips?
10/19/09
 
Tim Horan says:
My wife and I both play golf and we are quite lucky that most of our birthdays and aniversaries are in the summer months so on those days we go play golf at first light and finish around breakfast time. We then spend the day doing the family thing. I can think of nothing worse than being stuck at home or at relatives for a birthday and wanting to play golf.
I don't think it would matter if it was Augusta or not...if you gotta play you just gotta play.
10/20/09
 
robbie.dejarnette says:
Hell, I would skip an anniversary or birthday to play Sun Valley in San Diego, a little pitch and putt 9 hole course, so of course I wouldn't even think twice about getting to play Augusta. Especially since I once actually had a chance when I was in college. I grew up in Atlanta and was dating a girl whose father was rich and his grandfather had something to do with building Augusta, so he invited me to go with him on one of his golfing weekends. That is until he found out she and I were getting it on in the guest house as often as possible. Sad to see sex ruin a good golf weekend!
10/20/09
 
[ post comment ]
 
    New Products
    Stats
    Caption This
    World Am
    How Bizarre!
Most Popular:

Subscribe