Children's Miracle Network Hospitals Classic Giveaway
By mustang6560 on 11/8/12
The Children's Miracle Network Hospitals Classic Giveaway is the fourth and final tournament of the Fall Series which means it's time to put up or shut up for the players on the bubble.
Golf in November is not nearly as exciting as golf in April or June, however, it's fun to watch golfers grind it out for a spot on the PGA Tour next season. So in honor of the players who will be fighting for their livelihoods on TV, let's have a giveaway!
Up for grabs is a Goose Golf Towel, courtesy of Goose Golf. To enter the giveaway, simply answer the following question in the comments section below.
What new feature(s) would you like to see added to oobgolf next year?
All comments posted before 11:59pm Sunday, November 11, 2012 will be counted. You can leave as many comments as you want but we'll only count your first as entry into the random drawing.
** Giveaway is open to all legal US residents 18 years or older. No purchase necessary. A winner will be announced the week of November 12, 2012 on oobgolf.com. Tax expenses are not included. You have the right to refuse the prize. In case of prize refusal a series of new entrants will be picked until the prize is accepted. Odds of winning based on number of entries. Void where prohibited. For a list of winners, click here.
[ comments ]
A monthly "Where Are They Now" feature in which oob re-interviews the past GOW's, starting with the very first one, Matt Snyder, and moving forward.
The ability to mark your shots on the GPS app so I know where I ended up last time on the hole.
Link the "club from tee" on the scorecard to "your bag", or at least give us more than 1 hybrid option.
1. Ability to indicate where I missed my putts, ex. low side, high side, short, long etc. If it was uphill, downhill, if I read the slope right or wrong, graphs that let me compare my states to the pro's man I can go own this would suffice.
@mjaber...very good idea...maybe more club functionality so under equipment you choose the 14 clubs and can add dynamic specs, loft, shaft, etc., and then those choices drive the drop down in the scores as he said...
Kurt the Knife says:
an option to orient the oob gps display to "hole up" like on a yardage card.
More guest posts about golf buddy trips that have been taken around the country
Updates to the mobile app - Course handicap when you start a round. The ability to keep your score and your friends then save all to the oob web site. Some of the functions found in the Golf gamebook app, match play, skins game in a group, see others scores on the course etc.... would be a nice enchancement.
ditto lud5380, with maybe a semi-standardized format: gambling formats, hotel ratings, course ratings, restaurant ratings, local beer + wine ratings, etc., deals, time of year . . . etc.
Monday morning discussion to post comments on the past week/weekend experiences on the course.
Kurt the Knife says:
Push to call Cart Girl.
1. all distances are yards. i play mostly in meters. so it looks like i'm playing a course that is 5900 yards when in actuality it's more around 6400 yards. so either do the conversion for us or have a meters options.
2. bigger profiles pics on profile pages. it's tough to decipher what exactly is going on in some people's photos.
3. more than 1 hybrid option when you input your scores.
A chart to document average yardage for each club along with lofts.
No big ideas but a few quirks:
1. How can there be rounds posted in the future on the Golfers page?
2. Require an account to be over 24 hrs old and have one score entered before post to forum (anti spam)
3. What is the "cigar lounge"?
4. Ability to choose more than one hybrid or custom list of clubs when doing detail scorecard entry
5. More than 25 "My Courses" shown on My Game page
6. on Recent Scores list on My Game page, add the T or P or S to a score if tournament, practice, scramble, etc.
1. Select which equipment bag you are using for a round for those of us with more than one
2. Start a 9 hole round, switch to 18 hole; vice versa; start 9 choose second 9 on 27 holed courses
3. A button to "finish later" which would mark score as practice then you can complete it later on website, sometimes I try to quit and mark as practice but it just goes away
also next year we need an oober outing the day before the World Am
It would be very helpful to have more than one hybrid option when entering scores.
"2. bigger profiles pics on profile pages. it's tough to decipher what exactly is going on in some people's photos."
@badcaddy: I am not sure I want to know - ha ha ha!
Email notification to all subscribed members of a group when there is a posting to the group.
Track performance relative to the round and relative to the time of the day...
Serious improvements to the app please!
1. Score tracking for multiple people.
2. Option to lock landscape or not.
3. Different types of betting games.
4. Handicap (strokes for games) options.
Had more but forgot...
Matt F says:
@jfurr - #2 on your list...absolutely great suggestion!
In the app and on the site - ability to choose what hybrid # instead of just a generic hybrid.
oh and more than 25 courses on my favorite list! I use it to keep a list of everywhere ive played but I've played at over 25 places :/
Bring back the Distance Golfed stat! When I started using OOB there was a stat that would add up the all the yardage of golf you had played in miles. I miss it.
Another: Best Score per course.
More than 1 hybrid option for club used off tee. I carry 2 hybrids but can't differentiate when entering scores.
"Bring back the Distance Golfed stat! When I started using OOB there was a stat that would add up the all the yardage of golf you had played in miles. I miss it."
Group tournament coordination, scoring tracker, etc. For team, stroke play, or various events like, closest to the hole or longest drive, etc.
I know this is really simple but make more hybrid options in the drop down menu. I have a 2H and 3H, I have a few friends who have 3 or 4 hybrids so that would be a nice option to keep them separate from normal long irons.
more hybrid options
Under My Clubs, option for single irons - I use a different 2-rion an PW than the rest of my irons
[ post comment ]