William Land Park Golf Course
Add To My Courses
Visit Course Site
1701 Sutterville Rd
Sacramento, CA 95822, United States
Smallish municipal 9-hole course. Fairly easy, but has some long and narrow holes. No water to speak of, but a good bit of sand around the greens.
Average Hole Difficulty
Speedly - 4/10/11
This place was a joke. In my $12, 9-hole round, I saw no less than...
- Number of hours early the website is when specifying what hours twilight lies in (the sign in the pro shop also specified an hour -later- than twilight began, the correct time is 5:00 PM)
- Number of guys urinating on trees next to the teebox I was playing from (who wasn't even playing golf, by the way!)
- Number of punk kids on bikes that decided it'd be really cool to ride their bike through the bunker
- Number of balls I lost due to some other jerk not checking whether or not the ball he was picking up was even his
- Total number of kids on bikes on the course
- Number of geese I hit that were just sitting in the fairway en masse (with one shot... pretty good, eh?)
- Number of black teeboxes in ridiculous places (on the downslope BEHIND the teeing area, etc.)
- Number of people I saw digging through the trash in close proximity and direct view of the pro shop
- Number of blaring fire trucks that went by during my backswing
- Number of perfectly good shots I hit to be thwarted by OB trees that hung WAY over into the fairway
- Number of pools of water in the middle of the fairway on a 100-degree day
- Number of dogs strolling through the course
- Number of greens I saw damaged due to poor care and what looked to be like sunburning
- Number of white tees I played from that were set in front of the red yardage markers
- My estimation of the stimpmeter difference between the practice green I spent an hour on before playing and the actual playing greens
(Yeah, 7 and 8 are missing.)
- Total number of people just strolling through the middle of the course obliviously, not caring that they're holding up play, or more importantly, placing themselves in danger
(10's missing too.)
- Number of strokes over par I was (this was actually not bad - it was under my handicap, so I can't really complain about that)
- Number of dollars I overpaid to play this course
There are also only water fountains (that I could find - I realize I may have just been blind) on the first and last holes. When I was really thirsty at about hole number 5, I was dismayed to find that I'd just have to tough it out.
Forgive me for all the negativity, but I was -appalled- at the conditions and people around. My experience was like a really bad version of "The Twelve Days of Christmas," and I will never be going back.
Sorry, but I call 'em like I see 'em.
Good luck to everyone!
tbtregenza - 6/25/12
jon4272000 - 3/12/10
fzgandar - 7/18/09
Stivi78 - 6/7/09
helivznme78 - 5/31/09
sfonelson - 3/21/09
unknown_person - 3/7/09
Best Score: 74